On May 20, 2016, Maritime College No.1 organized a conference to summarize the Teachers Contest of the school year 2015-2016 with the participation of the Rector Board, the heads of departments and Faculties and more than 100 teachers in the college.
The contest took place from March 24th 2016 to April 25th 2016 with enthusiastic participations of all the lectures of the college. It was also a chance for the lectures to learn, share their experiences and innovative their teaching methods, which contributed to the success of the contest.
Among the participants of the Contest were 57 lectures in 03 sub-boards. The Contest consists of 02 parts: lecture presentation and multiple choice computer test of knowledge of the rules and regulations relating the education and training in the college.
At a conference, the presentations and reports of the judges and participants from the 03 sub-boards have shown some weak points e.g. Some lecturers had not properly identified the aims of the lectures, the content of the lecture is not logic; teaching aids were not used effectively in some lecture presentations, etc. The average score of lecture presentation is 16.56 / 20, the average score for the other part is 1.51 / 2.0 higher than the contest held in 2014, including 05 faculty members with maximum points in the contest.
Each participant received comments from the judge right after finishing their presentation of the lecture, which helped them to assess themselves and to get more teaching experience. This also helped the leaders of each faculty and division to see the strengths and weaknesses of each lecturer so that they can have training plans and measures to gradually standardize the teaching staff in order to improve the quality of education and training in the college. Results of the contest will be the basis for selection of outstanding lecturers to attend the Teachers Contests of the city and Ministry of Transport.
Addressing the conference, Meritorious Teacher Phan Van Tai highly appreciated the preparations for the contest and confirmed that the contest was held seriously and achieved many successes. He directed the implementation of measures to gradually improve the quality of teaching staff of the college. He also required all the faculties, divisions and department belonging to the educational block to carry out such tasks as:
- Regularly discuss to improve the skills to make up lesson plans, especially integrated lesson plans which have been being implemented;
- Review and supplement the curriculum and syllabus of courses and modules for the accuracy, matching practices and training levels;
- The functional departments need to strengthen inspection work of teaching and learning so that they can have an accurate grading of lecturers;
- Each unit itself has to examine, arrange, and strengthen the management of the lab to ensure the effective exploitation of the facilities for teaching and learning practices;
- Every year, a seminar on teaching methods should be organized in order to find the appropriate advanced methodologies and the most effective methods for each object to improve the quality of teaching and learning in the college.
- In the end of the Contest, twenty-eight lecturers have been recognized "Outstanding Teachers” title of the school year 2015-2016" including 01 First Prize: 03 Second Prizes and 05 Third Prizes and 19 lecturers recognized as Outstanding teachers.
The Teachers Contest of the school year 2015 - 2016 ended with a great success and it was really a festival for the lecturers of the Maritime College No.1.
News from Maritme College No.1